1. How does my tax filer work?

My tax filer is a powerful tool with a user friendly interface that asks simple questions and makes the tax filing process in Pakistan easier. All you have to do is answer with a 'yes' or 'no' and provide basic information like your salary income, taxes paid and investments made etc. Based on your responses, our system works out everything and shows your final tax refund / obligation, as applicable, after adjustment of taxes already paid or withheld.

We've developed checks and balances to ensure that we have gathered every piece of information required to submit your tax return and notify you if something doesn't add up.

Once you've completed the process, you can simply sit back and relax. Our integrated system will proceed to file your return of income, under supervision of tax experts. You will be notified once the process is completed.

One of the most important principles that we kept in mind while developing this system was to educate individuals on their finances and help them understand where their money is going.

Tax consultants usually file your tax return on their own without any involvement on your part. You are never in control of your tax return and simply rely on the expertise of your consultant.

Once you start filing income tax return using My tax filer, you will realize important details about your finances and ways to save taxes. My tax filer follows a step-by-step process so that you end up filing your return with the correct information. And while you're preparing your tax returns, it will also guide you on various tax credits available to you so that you could save maximum taxes. You also don't need to keep track of past years' information because we keep the information stored in our system for future references.

So, feel free to contact us if you want to learn more about how to apply for taxes in Pakistan

My tax filer a unique combination of technology and tax expertise to simplify tax filing process. It only takes three steps to get you going with your tax filing.

  • Signup with My tax filer
  • Enter basic information and answer simple questions
  • Pay for our services using common payment methods like debit / credit card.
  • The information required to complete the process is fairly simple, and mainly depends on the sources of your income and type of your financial transactions and assets. Some of the documents that will be handy in answering the questions are as follows

  • Salary Certificate provided by your employer.
  • Bank Statement or certificate from the bank showing the profit paid and taxes deducted by the bank, if any.
  • Personal utility bills for expenses incurred and advance tax paid.
  • Certificate of capital gains and tax thereon, issued by NCCPL against your stock trading activities, if any.
  • Statement of investment in mutual funds, if any.
  • In case of air travel in business class, copy of air ticket / invoice indicating the amount of tax deducted.
  • Certificate of tax deduction provided by your cellular network company in case of post paid connection.
  • Invoices issued by educational institutions indicating tax paid, if applicable.
  • In case of any vehicle purchased during the year, copy of the registration book / documents issued by the Excise department.
  • Property documents for any transactions (purchase or sale) during the year.
  • Yes. Your employer might have deducted the applicable tax on your salary. However, you should still file your tax return to avoid penal consequences of non-filing and / or paying extra taxes on various transactions levied on non-filers.

    Tax filers can take the benefit of various taxes paid by them on various transactions like taxes paid on utility bills, cash transactions, educational fees, business class air tickets, purchase of motor vehicle and properties etc. In addition, filers can also get tax credits for investment in mutual funds and insurance premiums and donations or zakat paid to approved charitable organizations.

    A non-filer is also subject to higher withholding tax rates including on bank transfers, motor vehicle taxes, capital gains, dividend income, etc.

    Wealth statement has to be filed by a resident individual who is required to file his income tax return. It is simply a statement of your assets and liabilities. In this statement you have to mention the details of all the assets that are in your name or your dependents like your wife and children. Some of the common examples of assets are properties, vehicles, jewelry, cash at bank and saving certificates etc. You are also required to provide details of your personal expenses as part of your wealth statement e.g. rent, Travelling, utility charges, education and other household expenses.

    Even if you do not have any assets and liabilities, being a resident individual, you are required to file Wealth Statement showing movement of assets from the beginning of the year on July 1 till end of year on June 30 and reconcile the income earned with expenses incurred during the year.

    Yes. If you fail to file your tax return then you could be fined with a minimum penalty of Rs 20,000.

    My tax filer is backed by leading tax experts so you can be sure of receiving best services from the experts. You can reach us any time using the following modes:

  • Phone: (+92) 333 2277217 (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday to Sunday (Friday close)
  • Email: info@mytaxfiler.com
  • Yes! Your tax information is secured using top security standards and transmitted over secure computer network to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data.